Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 1, 2010

First Haircut for Jonah and Eve

At 2 Years, 6 Months, 1 Week, and 4 Days of age, two of Our Babies Three got their first haircut. Cate was horrified by watching Jonah and Eve go under the scissors so, we didn't want to further traumatize her by subjecting her to that which was the current source of her horror. Jonah needed to be held while being clipped so, Cathy had the pleasure of holding him and getting covered in blond baby hair. Eve was whimpery but she was able to hold it together enough to sit in the big chair on her own.
It was, overall, a better experience than we had feared, but we still have to do it all over again with Cate. Hopefully we'll be able to convince her that her fear is unjustified and that no harm will befall her. That won't be too much for her 2 1/2 year-old brain to comprehend, will it?

4 comments:

  1. Who'd've thought that haircuts could bring horror and trauma -- I mean, really, every time my ear was cut off, it grew back.

    Oh well. Congrats on suffering through the trauma.

    Do you think you'll wait another two years (once Cate's cut is complete) before cutting again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the new do's! anthony was and is still terrified to get a haircut! after his first haircut (18 months old) we now cut it at home every other month so he will become more familiar. its getting better. he at least sits thru half now. hopefully haircuts for kindergarden will go smoothly both at your house and at ours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. None of the boys enjoyed getting hair cuts either. I won't even try to tell you what just washing Joey's hair is like. Luke giggles and twitches the entire time he is getting his hair cut. Josh is the ONLY one who asks for a hair cut. Good luck with Cate. I look forward to hearing how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, I didn't know you guys had gotten their hair cut when I talked to you!! And I know I talked about both of their do's (before that is.)

    I am proud of you for not forking over the big bucks like I did with Luke. I had him sitting in a cool chair and watching tv while he got his first cut. He still screamed like a a wild child and then I had to hold him too.

    Good luck with Cate! ;)

    ReplyDelete